Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Miscellaneous March Pictures

Justin loves Friday. He makes forts for him, shoots nerf guns at him, drives his remote controlled cars into him, and generally tortures him. Friday hates it.
Ashley got her tonsils out last week. Here she is all hair netted out. She felt silly. She handled herself beautifully. The nice anesthesiologist with the nice accent started an IV while she watched and was amazed that she let him do it. Then they wheeled her to the operating room, put her to sleep, and asked me to leave. 15 minutes later Ashley was tonsil free. She woke up in a lot of pain, but once she got a popsicle down and then some pain medicine she was okay. I watched her pain with my typical nauseated stomach and thought I was going to throw up. I had to keep reminding myself to keep it together for her sake. I hate seeing people in pain. Again, it's a wonder I ever survived nursing school.
Ashley is doing great now. We are exactly one week out. She is still taking ibuprofen around the clock but has been narcotic free as of yesterday. She says she will remember her new pajamas and the bead craft she got. Grandma Egbert also sent pajamas, which made her day. She received lots of phone calls and well wishes. It meant a lot to the both of us so thanks!
This was the morning of surgery. Katelyn still went to school. Justin went to Canon's house for the whole day (nothing new, but it was official), and Mia played with Madi and then spent the rest of the day at Hans' office. It was memorable. Then we had slurpees for dinner. I've been grateful that we live so close to 7-11.
I bought this outfit for Mia, which she assured me she would wear. She was lying. She wore it once. I laid it out last night for her to wear today and at about 5 something this morning she started screaming. I went into her room and she said, "I don't want to wear that in the morning." Seriously?!
We spent a Sunday afternoon at Garden of the Gods. I love it there. They kids play hard. They climb and scramble, and wear themselves out. I'm so glad it's warming up here.










Katelyn's new leo for advancing in gym. Ashley all decked out. I wish I could get her to do dance.

Justin made this very messy blue corn syrup thing at pre-school. He taped it to his window and the sun melted the blue stuff into a sticky mess all over his window. I threw it away. Justin has a love/hate relationship with school. He asked me to think about taking him out of school for the rest of the year. Canon doesn't go to school. So unfair.

No comments: