Friday, June 4, 2010

More May 2010






Summer activities are in full force. We are just completing our first week of summer. I signed the girls up for swim team and so far they really like it. Ashley says she looks funny in a swim cap and goggles, but after a reminder that swim team isn't about how you look she dove right in. She is quite the swimmer. Katelyn quit after the first lap and a half and then decided she would keep working on it. Ashley has more time for piano practice this summer as well. Her summer goals include: 30 minutes at the piano, 30 minutes reading and 1 book report a week, discovering the scriptures worksheets everyday, taking Friday for a walk, and running a 5K with Hans in August. Busy. Katelyn's goals include: reading 15 minutes and a narration a week to me, discovering the scriptures worksheets everyday, and eating and sleeping enough to keep up with all the swimming and gymnastics. Katelyn got promoted to a level 2 and started that this week. It's even more no nonsense if that is possible and I am happy about it. She is at the top of her group. I am wondering how she will be when she is at the bottom of the group. Justin is in gymnastics once a week. He is getting stronger and he loves it. He hasn't yet realized that he is the only boy. We are also spending lots of time at villa. Somehow with only one formal class a week to teach I have yet to teach less then 5 classes in a week. I hope that slows down once summer is over. I am grateful that the kids like going to the daycare at villa. They have a great pool set-up there and we braved the crowds there today. It's hot!!



Our Food pictures. We love summer food. Katelyn and Mia love to eat gigantic carrots. Justin loves eating cherries, spitting out the pits, and saying "spittoey." No pictures of Ashley because she still hates fruit. She gags it down with every meal.

Justin graduated from pre-school and now is officially starting pre-kindergarten. I love hearing him say that phrase. He is so excited. He had such a great year with all his friends in Ms. Rachel's class. She was so wonderful with the kids and I am going to miss her next year! I decided to do a co-operative pre-school next year with some friends. There are 7 kids. I am excited to be more involved with him in this way and for Mia to participate when I am teaching. It will be fun.



I am grateful that Justin and Mia are friends. They spend hours a day playing together. There is quite a bit of fighting, lest you think they are angel kids, but for the most part I enjoy having them so close in age now. They play babies, cars, build forts, have tea parties, wrestle, and generally gang up on and tease their older sisters.







As for me - I ran the Boulder Bolder 10K and had a great time. We met the Havenars and Conleys in Westminster and spent the night in a hotel and then we carpooled to the start of the race together. It was so crazy. 54, 000 runners. I have never run a race quite like this one. There were people lining the streets with slip and slides, inflatable swimming pools - which people were jumping in as they ran - and people were passing out beer, frying bacon, and doing all sorts of crazy things. I was entertained most of the race. It was so crowded. It was seriously elbow to elbow the entire race. I weaved in and out of people the whole time. I ran fast. That was fun. I like running fast. I have lofty goals of running it faster next year when I am in a nice early start with other fast runners. Part of the fun was passing so many people though. It is helpful for the mind game that running has become to me...I think that is all! Hans is busy at the office but makes time to be with us. He and I went a bike ride together and he came to one of my yoga classes at villa. He and Justin are going camping together tonight. I'm grateful for him.

1 comment:

smlaw said...

I get tired every time I read your blog! I am so impressed at how many things you can do with your kids and still find time to do things for yourself. Miss you guys.