Saturday, May 8, 2010

April 2010



Teacher Appreciation Week was a little crazy for me this year as I somehow found myself in charge of it for Katelyn's class, which has two teachers. We worked it out. In addition, we made these cute cookie flowers to give to all our teachers. We have a lot of teachers to appreciate.




We made oobleck one day with two of Justin and Mia's friends. They are really Justin's friends, but Mia feels just as included. She loves her friends. They made a mess. I used to do this kind of thing all the time with Ashley and Katelyn. Not so much with Justin and Mia. Next year I can see us doing lots of this sort of thing.



In our Sunday Best. Justin has something around his mouth.





I really do love these people. April is so far away now that I can't really remember what we did. Here is what I remember:
Getting new carpet. This was so exciting, but a ridiculous amount of work. We could have moved for all the effort it took. I have a really organized home now. It needed to be done. I love our new carpet. It took the carpet guys all day long. They left at 8 pm. Then Hans had to cut off closet doors and bedroom doors since the carpet was too thick for them to close. And then I had to put everything back. It wore me out. It took me an entire 4 days to like the carpet since I was so bugged at how much work it took - mainly because I had paid people extra to move our stuff, but turns out we moved most of it anyway. The carpet upgraded our entire house. Now I just need Hans to finish baseboards around the new dining room wood floor.
Finishing up with the Running Group. Not so much the finishing part because I enjoyed the whole process immensely. I got to know women better who I have always admired. I coached 5 women in running. They started from nothing. No running. At all. And on May 1st they ran the entire Garden of the Gods 5K. Not an easy one. It is so hilly. They are inspiring. I hope they keep running.
Soccer. Spring soccer is a joke, yet somehow every year I sign up. This year it was Hans saying he would do it, but I should have known better. I've done it. We go to three practices a week and two games every Saturday. All while freezing. It's cold today - May 14th. It's absurd. The pool is open at Villa.
Yoga. I taught 6 classes last week and five this week. In addition to training for the Boulder 10K I have spent a little too much time teaching yoga. I enjoy it. Villa is SO nice. Hans came with me once to take a class and told me that it was so nice he might even consider working out while he was there. That's saying something, I guess.
End of year activities. I have done art nights, music programs, field day, mother's day teas, teacher appreciation, and more. I still have 2 zoo trips, an end of year program, spain day, immigration day, and 2 soccer games, a practice, and soccer parties before I can call the 2009-2010 school year done. I am excited. I love having my kids around all day long. I am being sincere when I say this too.
Patience. I've learned quite a bit of patience this month. I hate learning patience. Mainly it has been with Hans and his rather large calling at Church in a newly blended ward and with Hans at work dealing with an endless disaster of accounts from his previous employee. He is stressed.
I think that is all. I did sign up for the St. George marathon and somehow got in. Out of 11,000 applicants I got in. Ugh. I was not so secretly hoping to not get in. But I did. Now I am beginning marathon training on June 12th. I have decided that I am going to enjoy the next 4 months of training and be miserable on one day of running 26.2 miles. Last time I was miserable for 4 months of training and happy on one day of running 26.2 miles. This was my compromise to Hans. I set out last Saturday to run 6 slow miles and couldn't take it. I ran 1 slow mile and the rest all really fast. But it felt good. So now I will be back to all my posts about running.
April was a good month. Now I will hopefully write about May before it's the end of June.








3 comments:

emily said...

yea, an update. i love "seeing" your family. as always: oh so adorable.

you never ever have ceased to amaze me. i'm pathetic next to you - but we shouldn't compare, right? i don't know how you do it all, and do it all so fabulously. really, do you ever just lose it with your kids? i can't imagine. :)

good luck with training! and have fun.

Diana said...

Last time I ran St. George I got roped into it--I couldn't believe it when I got in and hated a lot of the training but LOVED the day of the race. Have fun training.

Tom Heath said...

Thank you for a wonderful update. Love Dad