Thursday, January 7, 2010

Christmas Letter 2009

Here's what I sent out to most of the people I care about. But you only get a card from me if you don't live near to me. And I sent this out on printer paper cut in half and shoved into an envelope with a picture of the family, of which I can't find to put on this blog. I felt conflicted about my Christmas cards this year. On the one hand, I sent one out. On the other, it was the bare minimum. Nevertheless, here is my reflection on the year:

During this Christmas season we are so grateful to reflect back on the previous year and to reconnect with so many of you. We are especially grateful for the knowledge of the Gospel, for the birth of the Savior, and for the ability that we have to return to live with our Heavenly Father again. A quick update on the Egberts:

Ashley, 7, is a beautiful, bright, and helpful girl. She loves art, piano, school, and playing with her sisters. She is most grateful this year for our dog Friday.

Katelyn, 5, is full of energy and joy. She loves art, piano, gymnastics, webkinz, crafts, and making forts for her siblings. She is most grateful to have started Kindergarten this year.

Justin, 3, is an outgoing, loving, energetic, and handsome boy. He loves bikes, Lightning McQueen, playdates, wrestling, and candy. He is most grateful to have started pre-school this year.

Mia, 2, is spirited, happy, and well-loved. She loves Dora, babies, and keeping up. She is most grateful to have gotten tubes put in her ears so she can hear and talk.

Hans is busy with his dental practice and the day-to-day of that. He competed in his first triathlon, hiked to the top of Pikes Peak, and makes time to play Frisbee and basketball weekly. He is most grateful for family and friends. (After I sent this out Hans changed his mind and said he is most grateful this year for his new motorcycle. So I'm sorry to you friends and family who he was ALMOST most grateful for. You were so close.)

I am busy with the day-to-day of raising 4 children. I ran 2 half-marathons (one in Hawaii!!), my first full marathon, hiked to the top of Pikes Peak twice, got diagnosed with Celiac disease, and certified to become a yoga instructor. I am most grateful for my health.

No comments: