Sunday, April 12, 2009

Marathon Anxiety


I have been driving myself crazy thinking about the marathon. The picture above demonstrates why. I trained on a treadmill. Does this course look flat to you?! 15 miles on looks okay. I'm worried about miles 5-10. I ran outside last week on our hills and had a hard time maintaining my pace. I've been relying on the treadmill to pace me. I naturally run way too fast. And then when I hit an uphill - like the one by Lavonne's house, I die. My heart rate has a hard time recovering. So I started stressing out. I think things like - "what was I thinking?!" and "Maybe I will sprain my ankle so I don't have to run this!" and "I probably will die." All sorts of positive things like that. I'm freaking out. I know I can finish. I just want to meet my goal. I will let you all know next week.

2 comments:

emily said...

You. Can. Do. It.

R A C H A E L said...

You can do this. Kick its trash. Own it. YOU. CAN. DO. THIS.